Hydro-excavation (also known as soft dig) utilizes pressurized water to break up soil and a high pressure vacuum tank to remove the debris. This soft sig process provides a non-destructive means to safely locating utilities and less impact to the site.
Benefits of Hydro-Excavation
- Less site disturbance and less invasive to existing underground utilities
- Can be used to verify the material, invert size and condition of utilities up to 30’ deep
- Precise excavation without shoring
- Remote digging (up to 200 feet away)
Applications of Hydro-Excavation
- Line locating (utility lines, etc.)
- Excavations around utilities that conventional equipment could damage
- Excavations in areas not accessible with conventional equipment
- Slot trenching
- Cleaning areas with heavy sludge or solids
- Tunneling under structures without removing them
Degen offers complete hydro-excavating (soft dig), hydro-blasting and sewer jetting services. Our highly trained operators and technicians are focused on safety, performance and the delivery of quality service to our clients. Degen Excavating uses Mud Dog hydro-excavators specifically designed for superior performance in any environment.
- 1,000 gallon capacity water tank set-up
- 18 gallons per minute water pump and 714K BTU water heater
- Heated and insulated water return lines
- Rear-mounted boom with a 360° range of motion.
In August of 2014 we purchased a Mud Dog 1200 hydro-excavation or soft dig truck manufactured by Super Products. These trucks are engineered with the latest technology used in hydro-excavation equipment. We now maintain three trucks and our staff has over 50 years of combined experience between supervisors and operators.
We pride ourselves on providing the safest and most efficient hydro-excavation services possible. We do this by providing quality training to our hydro-excavation, soft dig, operators and keeping our trucks updated with the latest hydro excavating accessories. Call us Today at 419-225-6871 or Click Here to Receive a Quote