Degen Excavating has more than 50 years of experience in a variety of services. When we were established, site development and excavation services were our core strength – over time our services have evolved to suit the ever changing needs of our clients. We apply more than five decades of expertise to every detail of the job – from project bid to completion.
We have the experience and assets to provide our clients with a comprehensive and streamlined approach to manage various aspects of the project. By partnering with other firms, we can eliminate the frustration of bringing in multiple companies to complete different aspects of a project and offer a multitude of services while providing the proper documentation upon completion of every project.
Site Development Services:
- Surveying and layout
- Demolition and site clean up
- Mass grading/excavation
- Storm drainage
- Storm piping and structures
- Detention/retention ponds
- Main line water
- Road grading
- Asphalt paving and concrete curb
- Erosion control and related SWP3’s
Degen Excavating offers demolition services for a range of projects. We have the equipment to provide the highest quality services. All demolition work is completed with adherence to safety and environmental standards. Our demolition services include:
- Building demolition
- Structural (concrete or steel)
- Foundation (slab and footing removal)
- Site restoration
Degen Excavating offers water and sewer services for commercial, municipal and industrial projects. As a company with years of experience in underground utility installation and maintenance, we understand the project from start to finish. Our underground utilities services include:
- Municipal water
- Industrial / commercial fire water
- Storm, sanitary & NESHAP sewers
Degen Excavating offers hydro-excavation services. Hydro-excavation utilizes pressurized water to break-up soil and a vacuum tank to remove the debris. This process provides a non-destructive means to safely locating utilities and precisely excavate an area.
Hydro-excavation dramatically increases our excavating capabilities compared to traditional excavation techniques. For example, we recently utilized hydro-excavation to install 42” diameter caissons, 30’ deep in areas not accessible by conventional means.
Additional benefits of hydro-excavation include:
- Less site disturbance
- Less invasive to existing underground utilities
- Can be used to verify the material, invert, size and condition of utilities up to 20′ deep
- Save time and labor during construction by quickly exposing utilities with limited access
- Precise excavation without shoring
- Remote access can be completed from up to 200 feet away
Degen Excavating offers hydro-blasting which uses a high pressure water stream ranging from 10,000 to 20,000 psi that allows us to safely cut through some of the toughest debris.
Benefits of hydro-blasting include:
- May be utilized in areas not deemed safe for conventional methods (i.e. high LEL’s)
- Precise and accurate material removal
- Flexible enough to use in hard to reach areas
- Environmentally friendly
Additional Services & Certifications Include:
- Hauling & disposal coordination
- Supplied air certification
- Construction layout & as-built documentation
- Commercial and industrial hydrant repair
- Licensed by the State of Ohio for fire service main installation
- Certified for the installation of bonding for cathodic protection
- Certified for fiberglass piping installation (adhesive, straight socket joints)
- Ice blasting
Contact us to learn more about our services, and how we can help you.